Saturday, November 14, 2009

Poem Opinion?

What do you think of this poem (it is free-verse poetry.) i.e.- names have been taken out and replaced with asteriks (******.)





“L'essai de l'immuabilité” (The test of steadfastness)


It is time, O unfortunate one, to put your resolve to the test. Will you be brave enough to look upon the beauty of your lovely ******, ****** who will hopefully love you more than life itself. I will obey her, even in the face of death. Ah! I see ****** continually all around me and the breezes and the very rocks speak of her. Farewell, hopes of power! No more may Venus come down to weave lovely garlands of flowers. Bound by cruel, stinging bonds, I see death approaching me. Unhappy creature! What Horror! Ah, what will be said of me? But whoever should see my sorrow would still feel pity for me.

Poem Opinion?
It kinda makes it hard to follow because the stars leave the meaning up to interpretation and everyone doesn't think the same.
Reply:yeah...I feel pity for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment