Saturday, November 14, 2009

Antique Obernail hand painted choclate tray. Over 200 yrs. 2 stamps on back. Flawless. Estimated value????

My mother referred to this tray as a choclate, hot choclate, or hot cocoa tray. It was her grandmothers. I believe the tray could be 150-200 years old. The sceen is beautiful. There are 10 women, from another century, 1 man, a bycicle. They are making snowballs. The tray is bordered by flowers and bows. Such a beautiful garland. Must see to appreciate. Not so much as a scratch or nick. The Obernai FAIENCERIES Sarreguemines logo has a garland type border surrounding it. One of the two stamps on the back appears to have been imprinted, I believe it is 1G, the second stamp has a small e and then a capital R the letter next to it, I believe is a small t. The small e is brown? whereas the other two letters are green.


If anyone could give me some history on this tray (app. 14 inches long and 6 inches wide, I would really appreciate it. I know that it is very old, as I am 53 and it was my mothers grandmother. I am interested in determining its monetary value as well.

Antique Obernail hand painted choclate tray. Over 200 yrs. 2 stamps on back. Flawless. Estimated value????
It is French faience - which is a type of glaze - and it is from the late 19th Century. Check out the completed Ebay listings below to see if you see anything similar. It sounds lovely and without seeing the decoration I can only give a very general estimate of $100 - $300. Hope this helps!

Loosing eyelid crease.

No comments:

Post a Comment